Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide provides support to the set up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home.
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- To assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.;
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required;
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required;
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events;
- To assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Must possess or be enrolled in Food Service Worker Training Program
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one