- Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Lend a helping hand
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
- Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
- Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care and services;
- Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to meet these needs;
- Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
- Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning needs of staff;
- Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and support;
- Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem of the staff;
- Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against appropriate objectives and standards;
- Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
- Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff are trained appropriately;
- Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for the program;
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and endeavors to promote it;
- Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition, activation and environmental departments;
- Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
- Participates in QE / RM meetings;
- Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and transfers and back care in consultation with the Cambridge Head Office and the Health & Safety Consultant;
- Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the certification training program;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration with the Provincial Licensing Body;
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other healthcare disciplines with Diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation, Long Term Care, or the equivalent;
- Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community college level is considered an asset;
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental communications and leadership skills are necessary;
- Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
- The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety Representative;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Extendicare Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.