• Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
• Lend a helping hand
• Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
• Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
• Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care
• Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to
meet these needs;
• Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
• Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning
needs of staff;
• Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and
• Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem
of the staff;
• Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against
appropriate objectives and standards;
• Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
• Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff
are trained appropriately;
• Role Profile Approved by: Date:
• Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for
• Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and
endeavors to promote it;
• Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition,
activation and environmental departments;
• Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
• Participates in QE / RM meetings;
• Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and
transfers and back care in consultation with the Cambridge Head Office and the
Health & Safety Consultant;
• Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the
certification training program;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration
with the Provincial Licensing Body;
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other healthcare
disciplines with Diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation,
Long Term Care, or the equivalent;
• Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community
college level is considered an asset;
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
• Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental
communications and leadership skills are necessary;
• Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
• The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety
• Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera Core Competencies:
• Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver
high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
• Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and
implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
• Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams
by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of
self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and
• Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible
quality of care, service and choices.
• Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues
implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
• Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative
solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and
works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.