At Extendicare, long term care is all about helping our residents live life to the fullest extent possible by supporting their health and well-being. We care passionately about providing excellent care and service to all those we serve. We nurture friendships, offer security and peace of mind, and create vibrant, rewarding communities. We believe we work in our residents' homes, and strive every day to help them feel comfortable through our person-centred approach. Long term care is a special place to work and for many of us -a calling.
Join us as a leader to enhance our Nutrition & Culinary services program with a focus on our person-centered approach. In this role you will be using a variety of specialized menus and nutrition programs. Your passion for building trusted relationships to deliver a pleasurable dining experience and passion for engaging a team of dietary professionals will ensure we are able to provide overall well-being and quality of life to our residents. In this role you will be focused on:
- Achieving Resident Satisfaction and Employee Engagement targets
- Serving residents with a focus on their individualized nutritional plan
- Consistency in our branded dietary experience through continuous monitoring, quality improvement while achieving required food safety standards
- Hiring and training a team of talented dietary professionals
- Maintaining food and labour costs
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate - Work with the multidisciplinary team along with residents and families to customize dietary plans
- Manage - the operational funding envelope along with vendor contracts
- Comply - with required company policies, Provincial regulations and applicable legislation
- Lend a Helping Hand - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and helping the dietary team as required
- Cultivate - Hire, train and engage a team of dietary staff to deliver quality nutritional services in a unionized environment
- Respond with HEART - Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond and Thank
What You Bring:
- Current membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) or Registered Dietitian
- Valid Food Safety Handler's Certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant dietary experience and one (1) year of leadership experience
- Passion for food and long term care
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.