Join us as a leader driven to enhance our Recreation department with a focus on our person-centered approach. In this role you will lead a team to encourage residents to participate in meaningful activities that are both familiar and new which provide overall well-being and quality of life.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Achieving resident and family satisfaction targets
- Ensuring residents participate in multiple events and activities each month
- Lead, Manage and motivate recreation staff and volunteers to meet department and legislated objectives
- Maintain departmental budget
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate – Develop, plan, organize and implement resident programs to improve the resident experience
- Manage – Recreation budget and monitor expenditures
- Comply – with Extendicare’s Guiding Principles and regulatory requirements & Resident Bill of Rights
- Lend a Helping Hand- to promote and support community engagement opportunities, through volunteers and community partners
- Cultivate – Hire, train and engage a team of recreation staff and volunteers
- Respond with HEART- Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary education in Recreation Therapy or Therapeutic Recreation.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in health care setting
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in program planning, implementation, documentation and evaluation in a senior’s care setting.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Activity Pro, Point Click Care, RAI-MDS and care planning is an asset.
- Passion and focus on the person centered approach and working with seniors
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Search (within 6 months)
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.