The Social Worker maximizes the client/family's functioning within the context of rehabilitation, maintenance or palliation. The Social Worker enhances the problem solving and coping capacity of individuals and families/caregivers utilizing a variety of interventions.
- To receive and respond appropriately to inquiries pertaining to Revera Inc. which relate to placement, lifestyle, policies and procedures.
- To conduct tours of the home with applicants, prospective applicants and/or their advocates.
- Responsible for carrying out appropriate pre-admission procedures including:
Screening of applications
Correspondence with applicants to acknowledge receipt of application and to provide information.
Pre-admission visits and assessments
Communication with placement agencies
Other related duties
- To coordinate new admissions and to accompany new Residents and their families/advocates through the admission process.
- To promote and facilitate a Resident-oriented environment, acting as a Resident/family advocate, where indicated.
- To plan, organize and carry out social work programs/services to meet the ongoing psychological needs of the Residents and their families/advocates.
- To function as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in planning overall Resident care and participate in planning and development of programs/services in response to Resident needs.
- To facilitate the development and/or functioning of positive Resident groups acting as an advisor, where indicated.
- To organize and participate in Resident Care Conferences and family conferences as needed.
- Responsible for organizing regular Family Orientation programs for families/advocates of new and prospective Residents.
- Responsible for providing educational and consultative services on social work related issues/topics through participation in staff orientation programs, staff development programs and educational seminars for staff, Residents and families/advocates as required.
- Responsible for documentation and completion of statistical reports related to quality management for use in evaluating departmental performance, identifying current trends in Resident, social and institutional needs and as a basis for setting policy and planning future programs.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents).
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be registered as a Social Worker under the Health Professions Act, 2000.
- Graduate of a recognized school of social work with a Bachelor of Social Work degree.
- Experience in working with Geriatrics.
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary team concept, skill in teamwork and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Ability to initiate and direct own departmental activity.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.